Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Party Isn't A Party Without The Beatards

One of my favorite bands is the Beatards. We used one of their old jams "Just Cool Out" in my last feature, PRE. But this time I had the idea to have them perform live in the film. DJO, Chuck Wild, and UTK came to the set at 10am (and you know most musicians don't even know there's two 10s in the same day) on a Saturday no less, pretty much directly from their gig the night before. Not only were they the definition of a PRO but they were also just damn cool. And take after take, performed their asses off for us. The day they came was our 6th straight 14 hour day in the shoot so their energy and infectious "dang diggy dang" reinvigorated the cast and crew. I've posted a link to their music video of "dang diggy dang". Check out the Beatard's website and see their new video "Get Lite". I look forward to the next bottle of tequila with DJO, Chuck Wild and UTK.

No comments:

Post a Comment